Take a progressive step in your career by becoming part of the ARISE International Fellowships at EMBL for the 2021/2022 academic year. The program will cover the topics of planning and providing services, financial management, staff management, innovation and collaboration with industry, managing the operation of the research infrastructure, strategic planning, and understanding science policy and funding system.
EMBL – About
EMBL is Europe’s prominent research laboratory basically for the life sciences. It is an intergovernmental body engaging in scientific research in fields such as: chemistry, molecular biology, physics, and computer science. The institution strives to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer aiming to attract candidates to complement the already existing teams – successful innovation is built on teams of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2021
ARISE International Fellowships – Summary
- Awarding Institution: EMBL
- Department: NA
- Study Level: Fellowships
- Award Type: Salary
- Number of Awards: Two
- Access Mode: Online
- Eligible Nationality: Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain
- Location: Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain
Eligibility for ARISE International Fellowships
To be eligible for ARISE International Fellowships applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nations: Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain.
- Eligible Courses: The award will be granted in any course offered by the university.
- A University degree in natural sciences or related STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
- Applicants must possess at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience (in technology development) in STEM fields, a high skills level (postdoctoral standard), or proficiency in a specialization in which doctoral degrees are not usually granted. Experience can be both in non-academic or academia sectors, but must be pertinent to the research fields of our groups and teams that are partaking in the program.
- Applicant must have experience which is relevant to technology development related to service provision.
- They should also have solid research potential that is evident through e.g., scientific publications, technical documentation or similar, scientific software unique or problematic data sets, contributions to patents, examples of management of technology development projects or detailed account of any other groundbreaking research you have accomplished and your attainments or through other ways to show experience pertinent to technology growth and scientific services.
- They should show experience in collaborative working.
- The capability to work autonomously and think creatively, superb time management and organization skills.
- Capability to communicate and work with a varied group of individuals across the organization.
- Eloquence in English (written and oral) and outstanding communication skills.
How to Apply for ARISE International Fellowships
To avail for ARISE International Fellowships, please follow the guidelines below:
- Steps to Apply: To apply, candidates must fill out the application form here.
- Necessary Documents: In your online application, you will be asked to submit a project proposal as well as additional documents relevant for the evaluation of your application.
- Admission Prerequisite: Candidates must have a university degree in natural sciences or related STEM fields (Science, Engineering, Technology, and Mathematics).
- Language Prerequisite: Applicants must be fluent in English Language (written and oral) and excellent communication skills.
Benefits of ARISE International Fellowships
Beneficiaries of ARISE International Fellowships will be offered the benefits below:
- Candidates will get a salary to complete their fellowship for the 2022/2023 academic year.
- ARISE is a Fellowship program of its type in Europe and is structured to train Fellows to become highly skilled leaders or senior staff at research infrastructures or other service providing facilities. Partakers will also be able to link/network with a varied group of professionals.
Title: ARISE Fellowships for technology developers
Employer: European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
Job location: Meyerhofstraße 1, 69117 Heidelberg
Application deadline: November 30th, 2021
Job type: Postdoc
Fields: Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Structural Biology, Cell Biology, Chemical Biology, Artificial Intelligence, Data Structures and 6 more.
To inquire further about ARISE International Fellowships, please visit the official website.