Australian Government Research Scholarship has an open opportunity for scholars who want to study in Australia through scholarship funding. Every year, the Commonwealth Department of Education and Training offers funding to universities so as to grant scholarships to domestic and foreign students who wants to embark on Higher Degree Research programs.
Australian Government offers research scholarships to do a Masters by Research or PhD by Research. Nearly all kind of academic fields are taught in the University. This scholarship will fund all the costs to finish your degree. Over 600 awards will be sponsored.
Australian National University (ANU) – About
ANU – Australian National University is a research institution of higher education located in Canberra, the capital of Australia. Its major campus in Acton comprises of seven teaching and research colleges, as well several national academies and institutes.
Australian National University is considered as one of the world’s topmost research universities, and is rated as the number one university in Australia and the Southern Hemisphere by the 2022 QS World University Rankings. It is rated 27th in the world by the 2022 QS World University Rankings, and 59th in the world (third in Australia) by the 2021 Times Higher Education.
The major campus of the school spreads across the Canberra suburb of Acton, which comprises of 358 acres of frequently parkland with university buildings landscaped within. ANU is unevenly divided by Sullivans Creek, part of the Murray–Darling basin, and is surrounded by the native bush land of Black Mountain, Lake Burley Griffin, the suburb of Turner and the Canberra central business district.
Australia Awards Fellowships & Professional Development – About
This is a scholarship awards form a vital part of Australia’s assistance program and help to build critical skills and knowledge. The Australia Awards offer an effective and efficient model to deliver Australia’s assistance while supporting a range of strategic foreign policy, economic diplomacy, and development goals across key sectors. Australia Awards offers the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development.
Benefits of Australian Government Research Scholarship
Beneficiaries of Australian Government Research Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- Successful candidates will be offered $28,597 per year.
- Complete tuition fee will be covered.
- Travel and removal stipends for students moving to Canberra to start their research program.
- Thesis stipend will be offered.
- Dependent child stipend (foreign students only).
- Paid medical, maternity and parental leave (See sections 51-68 of the Research Training Program Scholarships Procedure).
- Suspension of Scholarship (check sections 43-48 of the Research Training Program Scholarships Procedure).
Eligibility for Australian Government Research Scholarship
To be eligible for Australian Government Research Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- The Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines (Research) 2017 set the basis for the conditions of award, and prerequisites for this scholarship.
- The institution has established an RTP Policy & Procedure which outlines the standards, processes and conditions for this scholarship. These documents are accessible from the reference document section of this page.
Applicants are rated and scholarship awards are granted based on a competitive ranking procedure, to the top-ranked applicants, subject to evidence they satisfy merit-based selection criteria – subject to verification of a qualified supervisor, space and resources being available, in an aspect of research that is aligned with ANU research strategy.
- Interested candidate must be Australian National or International.
- They must have a BSc degree certificate.
- Scholarship awards are granted based on an candidate’s academic record, research output, and previous research experience.
- It is required to have English Language Proficiency Certificate in order to get admission.
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2021
How to Apply for Australian Government Research Scholarship
To apply for Australian Government Research Scholarship, applicants should follow the guidelines below:
- Beginning students: There will be no application required specifically for this scholarship because all qualified applicants will be considered.
- Continuing students: Please fill out and return the “Request for a Current ANU Student to be considered for a HDR Scholarship” form to your Academic College.
To inquire further about Australian Government Research Scholarship, please visit official website.