Dell Scholars Scholarships program introduced by Michael & Susan Dell Foundation is now open for submissions. The award program is targeted at foreign students for a monetary support towards their educational quests at University of Texas, USA. The program is very competitive and applicable to undergraduate students who aim to embark on a degree program at the University.
It requires more than financial assistance to reach college graduation. That’s why the Dell Scholars Scholarships program was structured to offer a support system for the problems numerous students face while trying to get a degree. Even at that, the University recognizes that college expenses can be a significant burden for a lot of students and their families. Nationally, 500 Dell Scholars are chosen every year to get a scholarship with lots of non-monetary assistance.
Dell Scholars Scholarships – About
Even though a lot of students dream of getting a college degree, life occasionally gets in the way. The Dell Scholars Scholarships offers all-inclusive, individualized support to aid students overcome academic issues, increase financial literacy, and circumnavigate the personal circumstances that impact their college experience. The platform is an initiative of the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation.
- Award Type: Undergraduate
- Organization: Dell Scholars Program
- Country to study: United States
- Institution: University of Texas
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: December 1st, 2021
Benefits of Dell Scholars Scholarships
Beneficiaries of Dell Scholars Scholarships will be offered the benefits below:
- A scholarship amount of $20,000.
- Tailored, multifaceted assistance for the academic, monetary, and emotional life trials that may prevent students from finishing college.
- A laptop with four-year warranty.
- Chegg credits ($500 yearly for 4 years) to be utilized for textbook purchases and rentals and/or textbook solutions (via Chegg Study).
- A Scholars Resource Network that links students and their families with resources to handle stress, debt, managing child care, and life circumstance.
- A teletherapy service that connects students to professional counseling.
Eligibility for Dell Scholars Scholarships
To be eligible for a Dell Scholars Scholarships Program, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Interested candidates must be students from overseas.
- Intentions to register full time at a recognized higher education institution in the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in the fall, straight following high school graduation.
- Interested applicants must be on track to graduate from an accredited high school in the present academic year.
- Applicants show a need for monetary assistance.
- Applicants must earn at least of a 2.4 GPA.
- Applicants should partake in a program-approved college readiness program in grades 11 and 12.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Dell Scholars Scholarships
- Application opens in October 1st.
- Application deadline is December 1st.
- Semifinalist will be announced on December 9th.
- Semifinalist requirements deadline is January 27th.
- Dell scholars will be announced on March 9th.
How to Apply for Dell Scholars Scholarships
To apply for Dell Scholars Scholarships, applicants should follow the guidelines below:
- Interested and qualified students should go to Dell Scholars Scholarships on apply.dellscholars.org to apply.
- To be a part of this program, the first step is completing the online application. See key application dates.
- After submission, all applications will be evaluated and a group of semifinalists will be nominated.
- Semifinalists are requested to provide a present copy of their high school transcript, a complete Student Aid Report (SAR) from their FAFSA, and an online recommendation.
- After the semifinalist details is provided, all details are reviewed by an independent selection board.
- See a sample application here.
The University recognizes that college expenses can be a significant burden for a lot of students and their families. Nationally, 500 Dell Scholars are chosen every year to get a scholarship with lots of non-monetary assistance.
To inquire further about Dell Scholars Scholarships, please visit the official website.