Agilent Technologies with the Southern Cross University is excited to announce the PhD Positions in the field of Archaeo-Geochemistry for the academic year 2021-2022.
The award is a fully funded one for students to work in the field of archaeo-geochemistry and to educate them hominid exposomes using LA-ICPMS/LA-MC-ICPMS on fossil remains.
Southern Cross University is an Australian public university bent on imbibing a strong commitment to excellence in regional Australia.
Application Deadline: Until position is filled
- University or Organization: Southern Cross University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: fully-funded
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Students from Australia and all other countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All PhD programme courses and subjects in the field of archaeo-geochemistry are eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The position is open to all domestic applicants and international applicants currently based in Australia. International applicants currently based overseas are welcomed to apply, however, current Australian Government border restrictions may impact their application.
- The successful applicant will need to meet the entry requirements to enrol in a PhD at Southern Cross University on a full-time basis, including a BSc (Hons, 2nd class or above) or an MSc degree with a research component, in either Earth science, (geo)chemistry, environmental science or related fields.
- Ideally, candidates will have some experience in geochemistry and either knowledge or a strong interest to work on human/primate evolution problematic. Candidate with experience with LA-CIPMS or Multicollector ICPMS from a different field of research such as medical geochemistry or related field is also strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates with experience with matlab, R or similar packages is a plus.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to enrol themselves with the university through the online portal and complete the application process. To apply to avail of the program, the applicants are required to mail the below-mentioned documents as a PDF file to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide the following documents:
- Please send your CV (2 pages max)
- A cover letter explaining your interest in and suitability for this application (1 page)
- Degree transcripts/certificates
- Details of two referees
- Any other relevant research documents (e.g., publications/theses)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to have a qualification equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have attained minimum required scores in the following English language proficiency test:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- IELTS – 6.0
- CAE – 58
- PTE – 58
The Southern Cross University will provide fully-funded scholarships to selected students.