The University of Houston-Victoria is providing International Merit Scholarship award for undergraduate and graduate programs in the USA for the 2021/2022 school year.
The University of Houston-Victoria in Victoria, Texas, provides a distinct merge of exceptional, cheap, and tailored academic and leadership chances to empower scholars to become successful 21st-century citizens in a progressively complex world. They provide recognized and nationally ranked programs at a cheap price with automatic scholarship award considerations for foreign students. UHV ensures that its graduates are afforded the tools they require to make their impact in society and the world.
Worth of International Merit Scholarship at University of Houston-Victoria
- The International Merit Scholarship will reduce the candidate’s tuition and fees expense to reflect the residency tuition rate.
- The scholarship awards and waivers are obtainable for fall beneficiaries for the fall, spring, and summer semesters, and for spring beneficiaries, this scholarship award and waivers will be granted for spring and summer semesters for undergraduate and graduate full-time program at UHV.
- Other expenses like meals, accommodation, personal expenses, transportation, supplies, books, and health insurance are not added in this scholarship award.
Eligibility for International Merit Scholarship at University of Houston-Victoria
The following conditions have to be met in order for candidates to be qualified for the International Merit Scholarship award. Applicants must:
- Be Admitted students to UHV
- At the period of award, the candidate has to be enrolled for a minimum of 12 credits at UHV for undergraduate candidates, 9 credits for graduate candidates.
- Returning/or present scholars should have two semesters left to graduate (semester obtaining the scholarship award cannot be the final semester)
- Returning/Present scholars should have an aggregate GPA of 2.5 or above for undergraduate scholars and aggregate GPA of 3.0 or higher for graduate students.
- Spring semester scholarship award beneficiaries will obtain the scholarship award only for the spring and summer semesters.
- So as to maximize the scholarship award opportunity, all spring scholarship award beneficiaries are expected to enrol for a full-time course load online (summer only) or in-person. If applicable, all spring scholarship award beneficiaries have to re-apply for the fall merit scholarship award before the closing date (see below).
- Foreign students or candidates on other non-immigrant visa status
Students who are NOT eligible:
- Graduate candidates receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition award
- UHV Athletes obtaining Athletics Scholarship awards
- International candidates obtaining International Student Cultural Scholarship
- Candidates obtaining any other UHV tuition scholarship waivers
- Candidates obtaining any other UHV competitive scholarships
- Candidates obtaining Texas resident tuition fees
- Candidates registered part-time at UHV and part-time at any other institution in Texas
How to Apply for International Merit Scholarship at University of Houston-Victoria
Fill out BOTH the scholarship application forms;
- First, hand in the online UHV General Scholarship Award Application.
- Log in with your UHV username and password.
- Second, hand in International Student Merit Scholarship Award Application. Please note, you will be required to attach the needed application requirements.
- When you hit submit the application, together with the submitted attachments will be sent to the International Programs Office by default.
- Both the aforementioned applications MUST be finished in order for your scholarship award application to be qualified for review.
Maintaining the International Merit Scholarship
- Beneficiaries have to maintain full-time status.
- Scholarship award beneficiaries have to maintain an aggregate GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate candidates and an aggregate GPA of 3.0 for graduate students all through the length of the scholarship.
- Put forward 10 volunteer hours helping International Programs Office in hosting occasions like International Sash Ceremony, International Education Week, and International Festival during fall, spring and summer semesters.
- International scholars on F-1 and J-1 status
- New international candidates are required to attend compulsory orientation
- Scholarship award beneficiary has to pay all outstanding university bills on or prior to the due dates.
- Beneficiaries continuing from a bachelor’s degree program to a master’s degree program have to reapply for the scholarship award.
- International Merit Scholarship award is not guaranteed each year/semester. Candidates have to reapply on or prior to the closing date.
Finished applications have to be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall semester closing date: Nov 15th
- Spring semester closing date: Dec 15th