The University of Greenwich in the United Kingdom is taking applications for the Sanctuary Scholarship award for degree programs in the 2021/22 academic year.
They will provide two Sanctuary Scholarship awards (undergraduate or postgraduate) to cater for admission holders who are looking for asylum or have refugee standing in the United Kingdom and are not qualified for financial support.
About University of Greenwich
The University of Greenwich is a state-owned university situated in London and Kent, United Kingdom. Past names are Thames Polytechnic and Woolwich Polytechnic.
The university’s primary campus is at the Old Royal Naval College, which together with its Avery Hill Campus, is situated in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. Greenwich also possesses a satellite campus in Medway, Kent, as portion of a shared campus. The school’s range of subjects comprises business, architecture, mathematics, computing, education, humanities, engineering, natural sciences, maritime studies, pharmacy and social sciences. Greenwich’s old students comprise two Nobel laureates. In 2019, the school was granted the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for its study in pest management and control to tackle human and animal diseases in the United Kingdom and globally. It obtained a Silver rating in the United Kingdom government’s Teaching Excellence Framework.
Greenwich research looks to impact and enhance health, science, education, engineering, computing and social policy, and appeals to foreign agencies, government departments and international corporations (for instance, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Airbus, BAE Systems, GE Aviation and Merck Consumer Health) from more than 50 nations. Important areas of research and consultancy are employment relations, landscape architecture, natural resources, fire safety, education, social network analysis, training, educational leadership and public services.
Worth of Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Greenwich
For 2021/22, they will award two scholarships (undergraduate or graduate) to admission offer holders who are looking for asylum or have refugee status in the United Kingdom and are not qualified for financial assistance.
Successful scholars will receive:
- Annual tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance allowance of £5,000, paid in three parts
- Yearly housing fee waiver for Avery Hill Campus.
Once you are granted a status that enables you to access student finance (tuition fee loans, etc.), you no longer obtain the scholarship award in later academic years.
Eligibility for Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Greenwich
Candidates are required to meet all of the eligibility conditions specified below to apply.
- You have been granted a full-time place on an undergraduate or graduate taught program at the University of Greenwich getting in at year 0 or 1, starting September 2021.
- You will be schooling at one of their three campuses: Greenwich, Avery Hill or Medway (not including Medway School of Pharmacy).
- If schooling with a Partner College, the tuition fee has to be paid straight to the University of Greenwich.
- You are not able to get Student Finance (Tuition and Maintenance Loans) due to your present immigration status.
- You do not prior to now hold a qualification that is equal to or greater than the program you are applying for.
- You are resident in the UK.
You have to also be able to submit documentary proof to verify your circumstances.
To be qualified for the Sanctuary Scholarship award, you have to hold one of the following immigration statuses prior to when you apply to study at the University of Greenwich:
- UK asylum seeker
- UK discretionary leave to remain (obtained after an asylum application)
- UK limited leave to remain (obtained after an asylum application)
- Humanitarian protection (obtained after an asylum application).
You will also be qualified if you are a dependant of an individual with one of these immigration statuses.
How to Apply for Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Greenwich
- The closing date for applications is Wednesday, Dec 30, 2021.