Curtin University is pleased to offer international Public Health Scholarship to carry out epidemiological research at the School of Public Health. The Public Health Scholarship award is available to students who want to embark on a PhD program.
Interested candidates must possess a laboratory-based undergraduate degree in a technical field (e.g. Chemistry, Physics, and Engineering) at a high level (honors) of academic accomplishment. These candidates should also attain IELTS Overall Score: 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0).
Curtin University – About
Curtin University has modern educational and research environments that will empower students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development. Scholarships are part of Curtin’s dedication to rewarding academic merit, sponsoring research, and empowering students from all backgrounds to actualize their potential. Scholarships are available for both starting and current Curtin students. Scholarships are beyond just financial assistance, they can enrich your portfolio of accomplishments.
Curtin University’s goal is to transform minds, lives and the world through leadership, innovation and merit in teaching and research. Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest university. Over 40,000 scholars attend a total of 16 Curtin locations, as well as campuses in Sydney, Singapore, and East Malaysia.
Public Health Scholarship – Summary
- Deadline of Application: Applications accepted at any time
- Course Level: The award is available for pursuing PhD program in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Study Subject: A three year completely-sponsored PhD scholarship is available for an exceptional applicant to carry out health services research that focuses on health systems, and implementation science at the School of Public Health.
- Awards: The successful applicant will get a stipend of $27,596 per year.
- Number of Awards: 1
- Eligible Applicants: Australian Citizen; New Zealand Citizen as well as Australian Permanent Residents
- The award can be taken in: Australia
Eligibility for Public Health Scholarship
To be eligible for Public Health Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nations: Australian Citizen; International students; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen and Australian Permanent Residents are qualified to apply for this application program.
- Entrance Requirements: The successful applicant will have:
- A Master’s degree in a pertinent field necessitating the completion of a publicly available thesis or research project to an acceptable standard.
- A Bachelor’s degree with first-class honors or Graduated with a bachelor degree (with first-class or upper second honors) and finished a postgraduate diploma or its equivalent, or accomplished a master degree by coursework, with, in both cases, a course-weighted average of not below 70 per cent in the University, and demonstrated the capacity to undertake significant research
- Furthermore, they should:
- Possess great numeric skills and an interest in quantitative research.
- If possible have experience in research and/or the understanding of statistical packages.
- Preferably have experience in publishing peer-reviewed research.
Benefits of Public Health Scholarship
Beneficiaries of Public Health Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- The prosperous applicant will get an allowance of $27,596 per year.
- The length of the award will be for three years with a maximum possible extension of up to six months (assess on a case by case basis).
How to Apply for Public Health Scholarship
To apply for Public Health Scholarship, applicant should follow the guidelines below:
- Submissions should be made through e-mail. Please email Lynda Bergey (lynda.bergey-at-curtin.edu.au).
- Supporting Documents: Applicant must submit a Curriculum Vitae, academic transcripts, and a short covering letter (no beyond 2 sides A4) that addresses the eligibility criteria. The letter should detail why you are interested in the project, and how your skills, attributes, and experience make you a good applicant for the award.
- Requirements for English Language: IELTS Overall: 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0).
To apply and inquire further about Public Health Scholarship, please visit the Official website.